SmartPTT downgrade process can be divided into the following steps:
- Save configurations of SmartPTT Dispatcher and SmartPTT Radioserver.
Note! If you have configuration files from previous version to which SmartPTT will be downgraded, then you can miss this step.
This step is not obligatory, because in most cases configuration files from higher versions cannot be applied to lower versions. It depends on the version.
So if you decide to downgrade the system, be ready to reconfigure the system from the very beginning (if you do not have configuration files of exactly the same version).
- Uninstall current SmartPTT system.
- Delete configuration files.
- Install older version.
- Apply the saved settings if possible.
Save SmartPTT settings
- To save SmartPTT Dispatcher settings, go to Service > Save Dispatcher Settings.
- In the window that opened, select what you want to save (Settings and/or Database). Specify the folder name, and click Save.
- Before saving settings of the radioserver, stop it. Go to Export/Import Settings tab and click Browse in the Export group box.
Specify the folder where to export the settings. Select Export Radioserver Database, and then click Export.
Before uninstalling SmartPTT Radioserver, make sure that the radioservice is stopped.
To uninstall SmartPTT Dispatcher and SmartPTT Radioserver, click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features. In the opened list of programs right-click on SmartPTT Radioserver, and select Uninstall. Then right-click on SmartPTT Dispatcher and select Uninstall.
Note! When you downgrade SmartPTT, you need to uninstall SmartPTT Dispatcher as well as SmartPTT Radioserver before installing another version.
Delete configuration files
After uninstalling SmartPTT, delete other configuration files as they can be updated automatically additing new settings but cannot be downgraded automatically.
To delete Radioserver and Dispatcher settings, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete SmartPTT folder.
- After downloading SmartPTT distribution kit, unpack it to a separate folder.
- Run autorun.exe.
- For both installation processes the setup wizard will be used. Follow the steps of the setup wizard.
- Once you have finished, close the installation window.
Import SmartPTT Settings
Use this step in case you have appropriate configuration files of exactly this version of SmartPTT.
- Open SmartPTT Radioserver Configurator and stop the radioservice. You need to stop the radioservice to import settings.
- Go to Export/Import Settings tab and press the Browse button in the Import group box. Select the folder where you saved settings of the previous version.
Select the Import Radioserver Database and All options. Click Import. Then, click Save and run the radioservice.
- Run SmartPTT Dispatcher. Go to Service > Restore Dispatcher Settings.
- In the window that opened, select what you want to restore (Settings and/or Database). Specify the name of the folder with the settings. In the Database field specify the name of the new database.
If database was restored as well, then go to Settings -> Database Settings and specify new name of the database.
Restart the dispatch console to apply the restored settings.
Note! If there are any error windows appeared with the older version, try to do the following steps as well:
1. Go to Settings -> Database Settings, enter new name of database and then click Create new database. Then restart Dispatcher.
2. Close SmartPTT Dispatcher and go to C:\ProgramData (ProgramData is hidden folder) and delete SmartPTT folder. Then start Dispatcher.
If the error window still appears, please send email with the error to SmartPTT Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)