To create and to use Offline map the following programs are needed:
- SASPlanet (http://www.sasgis.org/). Download link: SASPlanet 181221
- SmartPTT Dispatcher (http://smartptt.com/download/)
How to Create Offline Map (few first steps are almost the same as for Raster Map):
1. Download and install SASPlanet.
2. Open Settings- Map Settings
3. In the opened window select Cache and Other. Next, in the Cache type field on the right, select Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC) and click OK.
4. Click on the tab Source and choose Internet + Cache.
5. Choose required type of the map. ATTENTION! Offline maps using is prohibited by the license agreement of some companies (Google, 2Gis, Yandex etc.). We recommend to use OpenStreetMap (OSM) as in our example.
6. Find the necessary area in SASPlanet. Use the following way, if you need to open area with concrete coordinates:
Click on the tab Go! and choose Go to…:
In the opened window check the point Coordinates. The Latitude and Longitude fields could be changes manually. Then click the button Go to.
7. To highlight the region the map of which is being created, click on the tab Go! and choose Selection Manager ->Rectangular Selection.
To create the first point which is one of the right-angled map corners, hover mouse pointer over the map and left-click. Highlight the region where the desired area is located. To fix the highlighted area, just left-click.
8. After the region is fixed, the Selection Manager window will appear. (If for some reason the Manage selection window didn’t appear, click on the tab Go! -> Selection Manager -> Last Selection).
9. Next it's required to download map (tiles). Tiles downloading is required in case of big area and deep detalization. Select level of zoom in the Selection Manager window. Then click Start.
10. Open the SmartPTT Dispatcher Console. Go to Map -> Open Street Map -> Settings.
For example the folder with a map files has this path: C:\Downloads\osmAnd. OsmAnd is a folder with subfolders of map level (0, 1, 2...). Copy this path and paste it into the appeared window.
NOTE! The last symbol sould be "\". So, it means that the final path would be:
11. Map -> Open Street Map -> Open Online Map
Usually the map could have not correct Zoom level and in this case you will see nothing except white color inside the map window. No panic! Just try to zoom it out using your mouse scroll. Scroll it untill you see a small map which you can zoom in correctly.
If you have any issues with Offline map creation, please send us a request. Thank you!