What should I do if I’m trying to connect to the remote database and I have ‘Login failed’ error on the dispatcher?
First of all, check all fields are correct:
- IP-address of the database server PC
- Database name
- Account name
If all fields are correct, it means that login has no required permission.
1) Open SQL Server Management Studio and on in the Object Explorer right-click the server, and then click Security then Logins.
Ensure that your login has a SQL authentification type. If not, create a new one.
2) Find required login, right-click and select Properties.
3) On the left pane of the Login Properties windows select Securables, press Search button and select certain server.
4) Find Connect SQL permission and make it active.
5) In Object Explorer, right-click your server, and then click Restart. If SQL Server Agent is running, it must also be restarted.
Ensure that the SQL Server and Windows Authetification mode is set in the Server Properties (Mouse right button click on the Server name -> Properties -> Security)
The result should be a successful connection check.