Abstract: MP3 files can’t be played. This refers to playing audio records in SmartPTT Dispatcher, or voice notifications in radios.
System Platforms Affected: SmartPTT Basic 8.6, SmartPTT Enterprise 8.6, SmartPTT PLUS 8.6, and SmartPTT PLUS 8.7.19022.
- Audio records in MP3 format stored in the folders below can’t be played:
- SmartPTT Radioserver Configurator > Add-on Modules > Event Log > Settings > Voice Logging > Folder for Audio Files Recording
- SmartPTT Dispatcher > Settings > Records > Voice Logging Folder
- Voice notifications in MP3 format won’t play in subscribers’ radios.
Engineering Details: The issue is caused by the absence of a Microsoft library in some PCs.
- Download additional Microsoft library using this link.
- Select exe. This is true for all versions of Windows OS, even for a 64-bit version.
- Install exe on the PC where SmartPTT Radioserver and SmartPTT Dispatcher are running. If the applications are running on different PCs, install vcredist_x86.exe on both PCs.
- Open SmartPTT Dispatcher, if it’s not opened yet, and play one of the audio files. If it does not play, contact SmartPTT Support Team.