Companies with a great number of staff members often require control and accounting of radio
use, namely to know the current radio user. For this purpose, user authorization is implemented in
User authorization allows the dispatcher to identify the worker using the channel.
To display users in SmartPTT Dispatcher, Show radio user name check box should be selected
in the General Settings window of SmartPTT Dispatcher.
For proper work of the user authorization, you should preconfigure the radio and set specific
networks. The radio is configured in the MOTOTRBO CPS program. NAI networks are configured in
the MOTOTRBO DDMS program and Capacity Max networks are configured in the Radio
A brief guide on additional Sign In / Sign Out configurations:
MOTOTRBO subscriber radio:
Check the Sign In / Sign Out feature in General tab
SmartPTT Radioserver Confugurator:
1. Turn on the User Authorization feature in Radioserver Configurator:
2. Specify an Interface by selecting SmartPTT Radioserver IP address;
3. Create a database for the registered users, click the Check Connection button to verify everything is ok;
4. Proceed to the Users tab.
In SmartPTT Radioserver Configurator you can create a list of users. This list contains the names of
the users with corresponding unique identifiers. When the radio user enters the unique identifier
on the radio, the corresponding name becomes visible in SmartPTT Dispatcher;
5. Create a list of the users, containing Names and the IDs.
1. Stop DDMS Service before making changes.
2. In the left pane, expand the Interfaces node, and then click Authentication Server
3. Ensure that the AuthenticationServerIP and Port matches the Radioserver address.
4. If the !!MESSAGE_ERROR!! value is Off, double-click !!MESSAGE_ERROR!!
The !!MESSAGE_ERROR!! value changes to On.
5. Then click Save Configuration and Start DDMS service.
Now you can carry out the Sign In on the radio subscriber by entering ID, created in the Users tab.
Upon successful authorization User Names will be displayed on the Dispatcher console instead of radio ID.
NOTE 1. Only in case MNIS and DDMS interfaces installed separately from the Radioserver's computer.
In case of multiple MOTOTRBO Network Interface Services present in the topology, User Authorization feature may require additional configuration. This only applies to the MNIS and DDMS interfaces installed separately from the Radioserver's computer. Follow these steps:
1. Run MOTOTRBO Network Interface Service.
2. In the DDMS Server Address field, enter Radioserver's IP address in the Network node;
3. Save the settings and restart MOTOTRBO Network Interface Service;
4. Run MOTOTRBO DDMS Administrative Client;
5. In the AuthenticationServerIP field, enter Radiosever's IP address, in the Authentication Server Settings;
6. Save the settings and restart MOTOTRBO DDMS Administrative Client;
Only for Capacity Max radio system
Configuring Capacity Max for User Authorization
Capacity Max networks are configured in the program Radio Management. To configure Capacity Max settings in Radio Management, follow these steps:
1. Run Radio Management and click Actions.
2. From the Manage list, select Sets.
3. In the Set Categories pane, expand the Capacity Max Features node.
4. Click Capacity Max Systems and in the right pane, click the required Capacity Max System.
5. Click Edit.
6. Click User Name Verification Application.
7. In User Name Verification Application Addresses pane, specify the following
IP: Enter the IP-address of the authentication server.
NOTE! By default, the authentication server has the IP address of the primary SmartPTT Radioserver.
Port: Enter the port of the authentication server.
Domain ID: Specify ID for authentication server in Radio Management.
After this, save the changes in the Radio Management program.
1. Click Radio View to open the main menu.
2. Click Actions.
3. From the list, select Manage → Capacity Max System Server Data.
4. In the right pane, click the desired radio.
5. In the User Name Domain ID field, specify the value from 0 to 16.
6. Click Radio View to open the main menu.
7. Right-click on the radiostation that was modified.
8. Select Schedule job and write settings.
Please note the following points about Sign In/Sign Out:
1. There are no passwords. This feature is used to verify the current user of a shared subscriber only.
2. If a radio is not signed in it is still operable. You can make radio inoperable by SmartPTT means blocking it by Radio ID.
3. You can track who used the radio with reports available on Dispatcher: Reports -> Report Wizard for all the Sign Ins/Sign Outs
4. Sign In/Sign Out is available under NAI systems only (where DDMS service is implemented) and Capacity Max.